Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time flies...

Has it really been THAT many days since I posed. Geez. No real excuse; just time getting away from me. I saw a few people this last weekend at my grandma's birthday who said they had enjoyed reading my blog. First, thanks for coming my grandma's big day. She's a great woman and deserves a day all about her with the people that love her most! Second, thanks so much for complimenting me on my blog. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to stay true to my NY resolution to eighty-six something each day, but I'm doing the best I can!

My post today is about eighty-sixing old ideas (did I say I had to eight-six something tangible - I don't think I did?). When I called my grandma to wish her happy birthday today -her actual birthday is Flag Day - she told me a funny story. I called her around 6:15 p.m. She thought this was ironic as she was actually born around 6:15 p.m. on a Sunday. My grandma told me that her grandma - who was a midwife - was there with her mother to bring her into the world. She told me her dad thought it was great that she was born at 6:15 p.m. so he could make the 7:00 p.m. church service (in his quasi-defense, I'm pretty sure he was doing the preaching). It made me laugh and think. My first thought was that it's OK to miss church if your wife just had a baby (even if you're giving the sermon). My next thought is that I'm glad we've eighty-sixed the idea of men being absent parties when their children are born (or shortly thereafter). Now that's progress I can sink my teeth into!
Hopefully I'll be writing to all of you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment