Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bye Bye Bissell

It's happened! [insert gasp here] Our sweeper - or vacuum cleaner if you must - went mostly kaput. It's withstood our abuse for several years now, which in a Made in China world is pretty darn good. So, I was walking through a department store today and say one for $50 and thought that's a pretty good deal! So, home the new Dirt Devil came, and so far, I can't complain. The upstairs looks new and this new sweeper is actually sucking up stuff that's probably been missed by the other sweeper for some time.
But, never fear! The old sweeper still has some years left in it for someone so it's going to the Goodwill and not in a landfill. I'm pretty sure I remember in college I lived with someone who took a sweeper out of the trash or something and we used it for a couple of years. Thus proving the great saying: waste not want not.

No comments:

Post a Comment