Sunday, April 17, 2011

Where art thou?

I should have posted that I was on a brief sojourn and thus unable to post for a few days. I'm back now, and when I looked through my trunk I found a pair of tennis shoes that I know are mine that I haven't worn in well over a year-and-a-half. I say that as that's how long ago it was when I bought my car and I put these shoes there and seemed to have forgotten about them. While the inside of my car is very clean, the trunk houses all of my forgotten junk - like these shoes - that were buried behind my eight or so environmental shopping bags and other random car necessities, i.e. jumper cables, oil, windshield washer fluid, paper towels. Because I'm currently trying to get rid of some of my shoes - which you will read more about - these are no exception. So, away they go to Goodwill.

Sidenote: On Thursday night I tried to take back "Dancercise" and I was denied (see Saturday April 2 blog post "Dance Like Nobody's Watching...". As is policy nearly everywhere - but I thought I'd try anyway - the store clerk told me I couldn't return any unwrapped DVD or CD. I figured as much, but it was worth a try. Here's how the conversation went:

"Ma'am, you can't return an opened DVD." The store clerk said. I cringed at the thought of being called ma'am, but remembered I'd had a good day so far and didn't feel like being mean.
"Why not?" I asked.
"It's policy," he points behind him to a two-hundred point font statement stating that it's copyright law. "It's not just Target's policy, it's copyright law."
I hate being educated on the law, mostly because it reminds me I could have learned everything for free instead of paying one-hundred-thousand dollars to be told the same thing by a pompous professors. "OK." I stated, defeated but not surprised,
He continued..."I'm sorry, it's..."
"No, it's not your fault, I get it." I thought more. "But, I will tell you one thing: no one would ever violate the copyright laws when it comes to this DVD set. No one would copy this." I did think about the youtube possibilities.
He finally smiles, trying not to give in to my obvious charm, "OK, well, it's still policy."
"Well, maybe Target should know they shouldn't sell something this bad?"
"That's not something I handle." He said, still smiling a little but remaining mostly serious.
And with that, I took "Dancercise" home with me. I hope to find someone who will actually use it and not make fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment