Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Romeo and Juliet lesson

If parting is such sweet sorrow, why can't I seem to let go of any of my shoes? I remember last year...I took about twenty or thirty pairs to the Goodwill. There were so many I can't even remember. Now, I still find myself with way too many, but the inability to let go. Thus, today's post is just about a handful of batteries I've been meaning to take to work - to recycle of course - and is much less anti-climatic than the devastating tragedy involving a Capulet and a Montague. Anyway, at least you got a bit of Shakespeare in today, which is never disappointing.



Juliet:
'Tis almost morning, I would have thee gone—
And yet no farther than a wan-ton's bird,
That lets it hop a little from his hand,
Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves,
And with a silken thread plucks it back again,
So loving-jealous of his liberty.
Romeo:
I would I were thy bird.
Juliet:
Sweet, so would I,
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow. [Exit above]

No comments:

Post a Comment