Thursday, February 3, 2011

Diet - Cola - Other

Sometimes you have to go back to the same well for eighty-sixing material, so that's what I've done this evening. I've realized our utensil drawer needs help. If you're one of those people that keeps all of your utensils orderly, good for you, but this is not us. Our utensil drawer is a repository for all things random that may have something to do with cooking. So, I was digging around in there tonight and found a myriad of weird things, which I'm sure I'll get to later in this blog, including a plastic lid to a to go cup container. I took it out and thought long and hard about why I would have this in the utensil drawer. For one, it's not a utensil. Second, it's useless without the cup that goes with it. Then I realized that the cup that matches this lid is in the cupboard. It's been there for at least a year and I've never once used this lid with it. Thus, why keep the lid? The answer is easy - there is no reason to keep the lid. The lid simply made its way into the drawer for some reason and has remained pushed to the back for over a year doing nothing but taking up space.
I think the utensil drawer should be afraid of what the future holds - lots of eighty-sixing. It sounds crazy, but I swear I saw pipe cleaners in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment