Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To tone or not to tone

I have a problem buying lotion. The problem is that I buy too much. Then, I use it for a week or so and I'm over it. I've stopped doing this in the last couple of years, but there is still a lot of overflow in that infamous hallway closet.
One phase I went through was the "toning" lotion phase. You know, the lotion that promises to improve your skin's firmness and elasticity. The truth is that all of the toning lotion in the world won't help you if you don't do anything else but use the lotion. Because I work out and eat mostly good foods, I don't count on toning lotion for life-changing results. That beings said, the problem is that you shouldn't count on it for anything as all it really does - at best - is hydrate your skin.
Like most of the lotions I'm over, I will take the two toning lotions I found in the closet and take them to work and place them in the restroom. The brand is really pointless as from the cheapest to the most expensive toning lotion none of them seem to fulfill their taut promise. I know they will be better used by the people I work with instead of wasting away in our closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment