Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Are they even really Danish?

I wonder who came up with the little tins of Danish cookies stores sell at the holidays. You know, the cookies that are all vanilla colored and are half the size of the palm or your hand. Some of them are shaped like pretzels, others like old-fashioned belt buckles, some have large granules of sugar on top of them. The same cookies that go stale about a day after you open them. They are usually in tins that have winter scenes on them. Anyway, in the past I would save tins like these. Why? I suppose I thought I would reuse them, maybe as a sewing or button tin. But, as we run out of space more and more as each day goes by, the tins will no longer be kept. Thus, the Danish cookie tin from this last holiday season will be recycled.

No comments:

Post a Comment