Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Off to work

Because eighty-sixing is my resolution - thus I get to define it - I have decided that anything that makes its way out of our home is eighty-sixed. Thus, like the US Constitution Book I took to work yesterday, I will be taking something else tomorrow. This time it's The Law Student's Handbook, from Westlaw. Westlaw is a legal search engine lawyers use to find cases, articles, etc. The competitor to Westlaw is Lexis, and I'm sure they offer many of the same things, I have no idea. Anyway, this small book, the size of a small paperback novel, contains several sections, including The Constitution, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, and the Federal Rules of Evidence. Don't worry, I won't bore you to death with what all of these sections mean or say. I will; however, share what I found interesting about this book when I found it: 3 tabbed sections. The first is Amendment X, which basically says whatever isn't delegated to the United States to do is delegated to the states. The second tab is Article III, section 2, basically talks about courts jurisdiction over matters. The third tab is under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Rule 11, which references the signing of pleadings (documents filed in court). Anyway, it's going to work as I can't bear to look at it here at home where I try my hardest to forget my chosen career path and the many frustrations - and mounds of debt - that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment