Monday, January 24, 2011

The glass is empty

At some point, I decided it was a good idea to buy a ton of glass pitchers. I remember buying two of them when I was in law school, and Mark retrieved one that has been dormant behind our canned goods for a while. There may be another one back there somewhere, but I haven't had time to search tonight. This container is the old school type that's shaped like a large carafe that gets smaller at the opening, has grooves around the outside of it, and has a stopper on top. Because one can only have so many ways to store and/or serve lemonade and iced tea, I'm getting rid of one of my law school pitchers today. I was holding on to it because it reminded me of my old place and time in law school, and then I realized that I hated law school. I did like my apartment a lot, but overall, the experience was exhausting, expensive, and self-deprecating. The only reason why I wouldn't undo the whole thing is because I met a few really great people and I wouldn't want to change that (I met a bunch of really nasty people, too, but no need to go there).
Here's a photo of the container:
Sidenote: We saw Black Swan tonight - very good. I'm sure Natalie Portman will get her Oscar nod tomorrow morning and the competition should be worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment