Sunday, January 2, 2011

Little Red Dress





Ah, yes, here it is, the little red dress that's been buried in my closet for months now that still has tags on it! I think I bought it last summer in the hopes that I would wear it somewhere. Well, that hasn't happened because I haven't really been anywhere that I thought I could wear it - at least in my opinion - and it's also a touch too small. I can put it on and zip it up, but I don't think this is a dress that I could wear while eating and/or sitting down. I write these words knowing that any woman that I've ever known can sympathize with this. While I know myself and know I could shave the few pounds that would allow me to wear this dress without risking suffocation, I need not do that. Why? Well, the perfect reason to give it away was presented to me on New Year's Eve. My friend Anna's cousin needs a red dress for a wedding in Mexico. She's skinnier than me so this should be just perfect for her. It's so Audrey Hepburn it kills me a little to give it away, but if I haven't worn it at this point then I probably won't. This dress will accompany me over to Anna's today where it will enjoy a much better life at a fiesta than in my cavernous closet.
Also, for those of you who have been wondering about Coco, she has been delicately packaged and will be dropped off at the post office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment