Friday, January 21, 2011

Yesteryear

I used to love it when Mark - my other half - traveled a lot. He used to fly business class and he would always get all of these fun toiletries and other relevant feel good travel stuff. They came in cute little baggies, fashioned with the airline's name on them, and would be full of all kinds of goodies. For example, there would be ear plugs, eye masks, mini packs of tissue, adorable-sized toothpastes and facial mists, fold-up toothbrushes, and of course, the worst pair of socks imaginable. I was ever-so surprised when I stumbled upon an unused pair of these socks in our chest of drawers this morning. They were still neatly folded - as they had to fit into that cute baggy from whence they came somehow - so I unfolded them and I put my hand inside one. In a word: awful. It's like unwashed one-hundred thread count sheets. Then, I realized that airlines don't give you anything anymore, particularly not socks.Well, I guess this isn't completely true as when Mark and I flew to Europe two years ago he charmed us into business glass and I got a complimentary copy of The Times. I suppose if you get first class you're set, but let's face it, that's a ridiculous amount of cash. I suppose these socks should be placed in an airline history museum, but I don't live near one of those so I will give them away instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment