Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am properly hydrated

It has been brought to my attention that I have too many water bottles. Did I know this before it was brought to my attention? Of course. While this isn't a very interesting post - as I'm still in my weakened condition from my stomach flu - it is time that I get rid of at least one of my water bottles. So, I choose the red OGGI one. I got it because it's some kind of metal so as to cut down on Bisphenol A (BPA) - which is a toxic agent found in plastic - but the problem is that it constantly leaks. It also has an extremely sharp top so when I drink out of it I have to pay attention so as not to cut my lip and it takes forever to unscrew the lid to even get a drink out of it, which is the last thing I want to deal with when I'm dying of thirst from a tough workout. Thus, it has been placed in the recycling bin and I can say with confidence that I won't miss it. I have other BPA-free water bottles I can use in its place.
Because I think it's important, here's a link to more on BPA. The Canadians got this one right: avoid it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

No comments:

Post a Comment